Thursday, June 11, 2020

YouTube Audience: Six Months Later

Back in the fall, YouTube was forced to pay 170 million dollars in fines in regards to monitoring their audience in terms of ads being shown. There was a push from them to have videos intended for kids or not. Plenty of negative backlash. But it might have been an overblown issue. Maybe because I haven't heard anything major.in terms of people getting in trouble.

I don't have much to say. I do think they understand what is for kids and what isn't. They know who to directly target when things go awry. But they could develop more detail into what is good or bad. I still have my concerns if it's a brand that is both made to entertain kids and adults. Something like Looney Tunes. But otherwise, all that worry for me was a big overreaction when I first heard of the changes back in November.

Simply put, follow the guidelines. It may not be cool, but better to surf and create within the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2