Monday, June 22, 2020

Crash Bandicoot 4 Thoughts

Crash Bandicoot was one of the very first games I ever played on PlayStation. The N. Sane Trilogy was why I bought a PS4 back in June 2017. But will people bite for a brand new game? I think so. Many have wanted a new release for a long time. Ignoring mobile phone games, there hasn't been a new game in 12 years. Enter Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. Playful words for multiple reasons. Time will come at the start of October for PS4 and Xbox One.

There was a leak not too long ago about the game and today, June 22, Activision put out a trailer. This is a sequel, but it's a follow up to Warped. If you got the true ending to Warped, you might have an idea on what they are doing. From the trailer, Cortex has had time to make plans to defeat his nemesis. Crash and Coco are ready and set to foil whatever bad deeds the scientist has. The designs are a little different on the characters, but not completely altered like a Crash of the Titans or Mind Over Mutant.

Looking at gameplay, it looks like it would be a bit more fast paced. Stuff from the original trilogy like riding on a vehicle in the water. Futuristic levels. Creative boss fights against bad guys like Dr. N Gin. It's taking what made the 90s games great and going with notion of not needing to tweak it for specific reasons. If I'm guessing, it's going to at least 30 levels. Secret ones. Time trials. Variety of worlds to go through. I do have some concern. I'm curious as to whether it will be like Twinsanity (I don't think it will) in being a bit open world or be like the original trilogy. The length I'm wondering, but that's more of a nitpick. Ultimately, I would like to see how much original stuff is brought into this release.

All that in mind, I am very interested. It will be the first time where I can experience an original new release as an adult for this series. We do need to see more of these. Hopefully, the release date is not bad considering the potential releases of PS5 and Xbox Series X around mid-late November. Hell, I could see this coming to those systems. Kind of surprised no Switch version, but I do think there will be one. Maybe release a month or two later around Christmas. Toys for Bob has done ports to the system. But this should be an exciting time to fully revive the bandicoot, especially as he reaches 25 years old next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2