Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Modern Warfare Reboot Feelings

After Call of Duty: Ghosts, I stopped playing the series. The whole futuristic thing turned me off. In the last six years, WWII is the only one I've gotten into and it's nice to see Activision lay off on the future. That's why the Modern Warfare reboot impresses me a lot more and I'm looking to get into when it comes out at the end of October.

It's nice to see single player come back. Being set in the present day or equivalency of it is a breath of fresh air. What I'm curious about is the 64 player online thing and the attempt at being a more tactical game. While I'm betting this sells better than Battlefield games, the idea of it going towards an objective based online leaves me with a lot of questions. A lot more than you realize. On the other hand there is the Spec Ops mode, which is something I loved about Modern Warfare 2. And I hear the new engine is going to be fantastic.

Getting back to modern basics is not a bad thing. If WWII can be refreshing despite not doing anything new, so can this Modern Warfare reboot. Hopefully it steers Call of Duty back in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2