Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Why Olympics Don't Interest Me

Or at least why it doesn't get me excited. I don't have the time and energy to get used to seeing all these competitors throughout the world. Some of the events don't hold my interest. I don't have a lot a reasons. It's one of these things that might surprise people. Sorry if that bothers you, but with working a job, it's hard to find time to see something that I could like. Some stories I'll definitely read, but I'm going to have to pass.

The only other thing that doesn't interest me is NBC. They have had a stranglehold on the Olympics since 1988. Four different decades and they still hold exclusivity on it until 2032. The ratings have not been all that good. Nothing has reached 20 million viewers at any point. I think people are getting burned at how the network does its coverage. Probably tape delays and other stupid shit that turns off viewers. It's not the only reason, but there's more to it if I had to guess. The 2016 Olympics saw a big decline and this year is worse. The pandemic hasn't helped, but that should not be used as a shield for criticism.

So there you go. Sports championships hold my interest a lot more and are more exciting for me compared to the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2