Monday, July 13, 2020

Hardest Xbox Achievement I've Gotten

As the title suggests. My first experience with Xbox fully was in May of 2010 when my younger brother and I got a 360. My older bro had an original Xbox, and I tried it once. My first 360 experience was in mid 2009. That first year of owning it, we had some titles here and there. But the reason for this blog is for Dead Rising. I found it at a yard sale a little more than a year after getting the system. My quick thoughts are that it's a good game, but a few tweaks could have made it better.

A mode that you have to unlock is the infinity mode. I'm sure there are much more difficult achievements for other games, but these two could hurt your 360. In the mode, you have to survive with depleting health. There is strategy and that includes grabbing a few food books and trying to get the best foods that can replenish your health without wasting too many slots in your inventory. An hour in real life equates to 12 hours in the game.. The two achievements require to survive five days and seven days in the mall. In real life, 10 and 14 hours. And that can be very taxing. I don't believe you can pause at any point, either, but it's been a long time since I attempted it. that I can't remember.

I accomplished this back around the summer of 2012. My younger brother hanged out with his friends for a night and I was alone. I had attempted Infinity a couple times, but didn't get far. It was the one time I could get a real shot of completing these two achievements. This went from about I think five in the afternoon to about seven in the morning. It took a long time. But with the strategies, I was able to get through it. And this was on a black model 360 with the original design that had been around since its launch in 2005. Needless to say, my brother wasn't too pleased, but it still runs. Up until 2015 or 2016, it started to have issues opening up the disc drive and the power brick getting really hot.

It's probably easier on PS4 and Xbox One, but I'd like to give it a test. But that's the hardest achievements I got on Xbox. If you want it, plan your time on getting it. A little practice and patience can go a long way. There is a glitch with the food court during the fourth day, so avoid it. The wiki says avoid between 4 days, 5 hours and 4 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes. If you're in there, stay. If you're not, avoid going in there. Happy achievement hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2