Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Why I Hate The Walking Dead Show

Very rarely do I have mixed receptions on stuff in different forms of media. I hate the show Animaniacs but I love the Sega Genesis game. It's similar to how I feel about The Walking Dead. I enjoy the TellTale game, but hate the show. I tried to give it a chance. Gave the first season a shot and was not impressed. Here are my thoughts from five years ago.

The first episode was kind of dull. Nothing stood out except for the ending, which was like a cliffhanger. Not bad, but not great. With the second episode, there was a lot more to it. New characters, intense moments, survival. I thought that was the best episode of the season. Unfortunately, the third one regressed. My main gripe was the pacing as it felt inconsistent and it should have focused more on Rick and not on the camp. Should have been balanced better. Episode four was more so like the second one, but not as good. Still a strong episode. 

With the last two episodes of the season, I was not impressed. Not a good pace and nothing about it made me want to watch the second season and up. The thing is, there was a good range of characters, each with pros and cons like any horror program. I thought the cinematography captured the essence of an apocalypse and living off the land away from zombies. It had the audio that you want for something like this. Little things do hurt a product for some. 

That's all I have to say. Sorry to anyone that is a fan, but I couldn't get into it. I tried, but I hated it. I find most AMC shows to be overrated in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2