Thursday, October 3, 2019

Horror Appeal

It's that time of the year again. Everyone is in for Halloween and the trick or treating. As always networks and studios are looking towards movies for success and airtime. Same with television as shows try at least one episode around the time of the month if they aren't doing it every year.

Unfortunately, I'm not entertained by horror. The idea of being scared leaves me a bit uneasy. It's not the case with every horror movie, but I don't make an incentive to watch all these films that air. I do like stuff like Jaws, although that's more suspenseful than trying to scare people in my opinion. Zombie stuff doesn't bother me too much. It depends on the level of horror and blood and gore. I can tolerate some blood, but other times, it makes me a bit queasy. Something like Friday the 13th or Elm Street would more than likely want me changing the channel.

I'm more comfortable with video games. Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Doom. Tons of games that have horror elements. Maybe because they know not to go overboard most of the time. Television wise, it depends. Light hearted comedies, I can laugh a lot. Drama, it depends, but I wouldn't be against it fully. I wouldn't mind reading some books. I do have some like The Shining for example.

Take it or leave it, horror isn't something I'm entertained about. Oh well. But I'm not against watching some stuff that airs in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2