Saturday, August 10, 2019

Blowhard Francesa

In a profession I went to college for, I find most radio personalities and broadcasters to be annoying. I would put Mike Francesa near or at the top. This is the radio version of Nancy Grace. Obnoxious, rude, always interrupting. There is no redeeming qualities. At least Grace can say she's done well in solving crimes. Francesa has nothing. And this beef with the New York Football Giants is an example of his obnoxious attitude.

It's one thing to criticize moves. That's something any radio show will do. But to go on petty stuff and call the team and everyone losers is beyond normal. Why WFAN allows Francesa to keep doing things freely, I don't know. We won't know about Daniel Jones until a couple years later after Eli Manning is gone. Odell Beckham was a headcase for the team. There's a reason why they traded him to Cleveland. Forget talent. It was obvious he hurt the team and when he was hurt, they played much better at the end of the year. Landon Collins always has injuries. Would he have been nice to keep? Sure, but health is also a factor in this whole thing.

This is obviously a personal beef Francesa has and he won't give up on that grudge. I don't blame the Giants for not wanting him to show up or even cancel appearances to talk to him. I think he would have turned it into a "me, me, me" affair and try to stir controversy before the first game of the season in September. Why couldn't he just stay retired? Francesa is a blowhard moronic loser. Guys like him make it easy to turn off radios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2