Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Easiest and Hardest YouTube Videos I've Done

I've kept the same YouTube channel for over seven years. Quite a bit of videos I'm pretty happy about. A bit of others that could have been better. Some might think it's that easy, but it's not. If you're very familiar and really good, it can be. For something a little different, I'll talk some of the easiest and hardest games I've done into videos, starting with easy.

Medal of Honor (1999): This was fun to do. Going through the levels at a good pace. Showcasing my approach to playing it and the run and gun feel in some of the areas. Probably one of my proudest playthroughs.

Sonic and Knuckles: These are a little complex with doing both characters and getting the Emeralds. After that, it was simply finding the path to the bosses and gaining lots of rings. It was always great to look at the level design and see the strengths and weaknesses to who you were playing as. Sonic 3 and Knuckles is one I would want to do at some point in the future.

Altered Beast: It's a very simple game. A lot of it is memorization, but I don't think it's necessary. Even an average person could get through it with such ease. The only blemish I had in the video was the fourth level and losing some health. Other than that, it was a perfect run. It's one game I would like to come back to and showcase the difficulties.

Now to hard:

Crash Bandicoot: You don't get to go back to the bonus rounds. One chance and that's it. Some of the later levels are really tough and getting a perfect run of a level is next to impossible at points. You can't die if you reach a checkpoint either. Fun game to play, not fun to do videos of. The second and third game would be a bit easier to record if I want to do videos of them.

Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose: This was done on hard, but doing it on normal for a practice run was not great, either. The health system sucks. I would argue the football level was not the best designed and the Star Wars parody level was not designed well. Add in that the hard difficulty has visual graphics in the end credits (which was a dumb move), and it's one of the tougher playthroughs I've done for videos. Great game, but one you need to have a lot of memory of knowing when to jump, attack, and whatever else.

Driver: Even if you don't record, undercover can be very brutal. The cops are the main gripe and they will usually determine if you will succeed or fail a mission. Pursuit missions don't leave you with much time. Some of the time limits are a bit ridiculous. You don't know how long these missions will last. And the late missions are a huge hassle. I've been on the fence of doing Driver 2, but I think if I were to come back to this, I would do the driving games, training, and show the cheats off for it. There's more to Driver than its undercover.

Three easy and three hard games I've done videos of. Maybe I'll do more in the future, but they will not be common blogs. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2