Wednesday, July 24, 2019

What Is LatinAutor?

This is why YouTube is sometimes bothersome. There are a lot of people like me who do these videos and don't even get a percent the views that the big names get. Unfortunately, there is always these companies, real or fake, that come in and claim videos. This LatinAutor seems like an excuse to cash in on hot properties.

A case in point is going after a few of my videos of The Lion King video games. What I wonder is why? It can't be Disney doing this because if they had an issue with it, then my Aladdin Genesis videos would be hit, too. There have been a number of claims people online have said involving LatinAutor and it involves mainly music. Cover versions to be exact. Also, a couple video game related things, too.

Some of the other copyright stuff from them include Warner Chappell, which makes no sense. Warner Brothers doesn't own The Lion King and I can't see the original songwriters working with that group since Disney would have the upper hand over Warner. Disney may be stupid with certain things, but I wouldn't see them being that overprotective involving video games from 25 years ago. This is on the frauds, and it doesn't get fixed on YouTube. I've said it on other blogs involving copyright, but there isn't any big alternatives. 

The lifeblood of YouTube is the middle tiered and low tiered channels. Not just the big named ones. But they need to protect the former just as much as the latter. However, I don't think that will ever happen. The only hope I can think of for others is for this to die down and the frauds at LatinAutor to disappear. That's what's happened to me the last six years. People making false claims and then ceasing to exist, making the claims disappear. My patience is a bit higher compared to others, but the need to fix issues is now, but as I said, they won't do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2