Thursday, July 11, 2019

Switch Lite... Could It?

Down the road, I do want a Nintendo Switch. I figured down the road, they would have a revision of the hardware and the past year or so has had stories regarding that. With the news regarding the Switch Lite, I'm not too sure how I feel about it.

I just looked at the design and it looks like a mix of the PSP, Game Gear, and the gamepad of the Wii U. Not necessarily a bad a thing, but it's going to be as the reports are saying a handheld only system. That would mean no docking station or any extra stuff to plug the system into a television or any of that. I do wonder what the numbers are and what skews into which part is favored. I'm guessing Nintendo thinks the portability should be a bigger emphasis. It also means the joycon controller is now hardwired into the system. I'm not sure if this will be a cost cutting measure or not, but who knows.

I would think the system would go for 200 or 250 dollars. It could be a little boost, but without knowing the reception outside of the hardcore gamers, it's hard to know whether people will bite. This should do decent, but how much people will actually play this revision, I don't know. But it is something that will be interesting come November and December.

My guess: Should do well, but it's a gutsy guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2