Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Your Ideal Break Show

I work. My parents work. We all have breaks. And in our break rooms, we have TV sets. On my night shifts, they typically have it on Friends, which is not a bad show, but damn, it's very overrated and it's the same episodes over and over. My parents break includes The Price is Right, which is one of the few game shows I like. I would rather have it on something like Price is Right.  What would be your ideal break show?

If A&E wasn't obsessed with The First 48 (which is good, but hear me out) and Storage Wars I would love to see reruns of some of their older shows. Stuff like Dog The Bounty Hunter and Parking Wars. Parking Wars is funny for the reactions from the people who just got ticketed for a parking violation. Add in a little Live PD and that would make my day. TruTV is something I would put on for a lot of their shows. Carbanaro Effect, Impractical Jokers, Hack My Life, and a few others are something that I would put on because of what they are capable of doing. I wouldn't want it on World's Dumbest (washed up people and B-writers suck at commentary and humor) and Adam Ruins Everything (douchebag Collegehumor gimmick should stay on YouTube)

As far as scripted stuff, there's a few that would make my ideal break. I honestly wish Seinfeld had a little more airing time or at least a different time on cable, because it's a much superior show than Friends. I'm a 90s kid, but some shows from the 70s would be delightful in my eyes. Shows like Sanford and Son and M*A*S*H are great. My preference on scripted material is comedies, so very rarely will I talk dramas as something I would want on my break.

What kind of shows would you want on your break? Let me know, because there is a vast world of great shows that someone would enjoy for 30 minutes before getting back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2