Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Action Point Review

To say Action Point flopped is the understatement of the year for films. Typically, Johnny Knoxville is a bankable guy. However, it bombed in its debut. Was it the material or trying to go a different route?

My expectations were there a little bit. I was expecting some crazy stuff and there was. However, this was scripted. I don't think I found any parts that were trying to get reactions like it was in the Jackass films. For the plot, Knoxville talks to his granddaughter about the time he ran a theme park where things were a lot looser and lenient back in the 70s. Customers are going to a new park and a businessman wants to buy Action Point. Instead of bowing down, plans are to make the place more fun without any strict rules.

I would say I was a little disappointed, but that's coming off of not expecting it to be fully scripted. There are quite a bit of funny things that occur. Just the amount of mayhem around the park and trying to stop the businessman is more than enough to be satisfied. Knoxville really takes a beating with some of the things that happen to him. If you're big into him, I would check it out if it is still playing in theaters. However, I would wait until seeing it on Blu-ray or DVD. Not a great movie compared to the Jackass ones, but not as bad you might think.

Score: 6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2