Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Plenty of Fish Experiement

I've dabbled with some online dating over the past year or so. It's intriguing and when I first started going with that concept, I viewed it as more of an experiment. And it became more evident when I started using Plenty of Fish. It has been around for well over a decade. In my few months of trying this site, it definitely has its perks, but problems at the same time.

As far as features, they have it narrowed down to some specifics. Stuff like distance, their appearance, do they drink or smoke. They have the stuff that some worry about. Once you're registered, it's rather simple to search via things like education and whether they are online or not. Messaging is basic and gets to the point. If you succeed, you're in luck.

One of the negatives is that if you want to upgrade, you need to pay. That means credit cards or PayPal. It's the nature of the beast as a number of sites do this. I don't and neither do a number of people. Expect one thing and that is scammers. Obviously, some don't want to wind up in a catfish scenario.

I don't know how common it is for others, but it seems like I keep getting responses from other women who want me to visit a virus infested site or text their number into a scam. Luckily, I'm not that gullible. When it's women that actually want a relationship, sometimes they are rather quiet about what they want out of it. Others are very open. The most common interest I see out of them is hiking. I don't buy into that. But I do see quite a bit of redneck country girls. The whole thing. Fishing, hunting, mudding, you name it. Part of me wants someone that isn't a total redneck, but isn't against doings something like fishing.

Personally, I think it's a decent site that you should try at least a couple of times because you can get responses from your messages. How much patience you have will be the true test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2