Sunday, November 4, 2018

When Is Too Early, Too Early?

Halloween was last week, so you definitely saw some stuff for it a bit ahead of time with decor, candy, and a few other things. Same with fall stuff. Where I am going with this has to be about Christmas. Not even halfway through October, I am at a store and I already see Christmas stuff being sold. That bothered me a bit and it begged the question which is the title of this blog.

I think it was way, way too early to start having some Christmas stuff. The problem, unfortunately, is companies trying to get their share in and try to get as much profit in a more sustainable period of time. Competition has always been fierce, but it seems a lot more noticeable compared to years past. I'd say the last 10 years or so, maybe longer, we have seen the Internet become a much stronger presence. When you look at the stranglehold Amazon has, there's more than enough concern from companies to get ahead.

I could see people getting frustrated a bit more as time goes on because there needs to be a time to celebrate certain things at the right time, not two months in advance. It seems every year, Christmas stuff keeps coming earlier and earlier. I like the holiday as much as the next person, but even this is ridiculous. It's the same thing with Halloween as well, though not as much time in advance. No joke, but I could see one day Halloween stuff appearing in August and Christmas stuff in September just so companies can try and get an edge on each other. When, I don't know.

Companies should just let people enjoy the holidays before prepping for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2