Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Ideal Memorial Day Food

I'm no gourmet chef by any means, but Memorial Day is that kind of day where everyone is going to be making some kind of food. When I think of that, I think of mainly meat. While there are certainly good choices to pick and some these can be used for the Fourth of July, Labor Day and a couple other days, I personally go with a hamburger on Memorial Day.

It's something simple yet festive on this kind of day. The idea of having a beef patty putting cheese and any toppings makes me think Memorial Day. Add in a cola, some potato chips or french fries, and it's all that you really need. Not only that, but it screams out as something you should get at a ball game. Nothing like sitting down and enjoying a nine inning game, getting excited for the festivities.

If I had any other foods on my mind, it would be ribs. Part of me thinks of it as the start of summer foods somewhat. Just sitting down or being outside with that and maybe a baked potato and some other sides, it really kicks off that summer season. Appreciate it and end your meal with a smile.

What is your ideal food for Memorial Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2