Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Initial Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Reaction

I've waited a little bit for the buzz to die off on this, so I can have a genuine thought on it. Sonic the Hedgehog is heading to theaters in November in live action form. My reaction to the trailer from last week is that it will be an okay movie. Might be something I would see.

It is nice to see Jim Carrey actually doing a movie and not his usual political garbage he does now these days. The question on portraying Robotnik is how much he will act like him or if it is similar to other movies of his. But it does seem like a form back to what he was like in the mid to late 90s. For the Sonic design, I didn't hate it. The only thing I wasn't huge on was the face. He's going to be CGI from the looks of it and the special effects from the trailer don't look horrible.

As far as plot, it has some thought compared to other game to movie adaptations. But it's a matter of how audiences will react when the film does come out. I don't think the trailer was as bad as most think it is. A few spots could have been better. For now, it's on my radar for when it comes out to maybe see in theaters. Until then, not much to talk regarding the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2