Saturday, March 16, 2019

Jackson: Naysayers and Bandwagons

Do note that I have no intentions of watching the documentary and am expressing my thoughts about the reviews and aftermath. Now, I think there's a part of the world that wanted Michael Jackson in jail a long time ago. There's no sugarcoating that. But the thing is, we will never know if he truly molested kids. We can only rely on what people have said. As it stands, the two sides who think he either did it or not did it will be at each other for a long time, but a lot of people believe the alleged victims.

In the wake of the Leaving Neverland documentary, stances on certain Hollywood celebrities has changed. The Simpsons has decided to ban their season 3 episode with him for good, which I think is a pure overreaction. Some radio stations have stopped playing songs. The fact that Dan Reed didn't bother to ask defenders like Macaulay Culkin, who was critical to the 2005 trial, shows a clear bias and one sided affair.  I don't get it. I really don't. As I said in the earlier blog about this, Jackson can't defend himself since he's been dead for almost 10 years. What's the point? Where's the evidence that isn't people that say they were molested? Stuff like doctor's reports or anything? I'm not a crime expert, never will be. But if it didn't work the first or second time, why the hell would it work a third time?

With the way things are, Jackson's legacy is tarnished by this. How much of it, I'm not sure. But the documentary was not a critical darling at all. As a critics' standpoint, it's well regarded, but some of them were not going to let Reed off easily. Of course, you got outside of it, people who will love it and hate it. Was it creepy for Jackson to have stuff like this? Yes. But basing it on what two alleged victims said is not enough to instantly have different stances. As I said not too long ago, I'm not the hugest fan of Jackson. This, however, is trying to favor one side where the other side can't do anything about it because of the bias.

If it was for a quick buck, Reed should be ashamed of himself. As I said, I can't form an opinion on whether Jackson molested kids or not. An interview is not going to change on me being neutral. This will end ugly in some way. As for the alleged victims, if I were them,  I would want to be in hiding for a while until all this dies out because of the reception from both sides. Those two are going to have their heads on plenty of people's plates. Until then, expect a lot of hell for a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2