Thursday, December 7, 2017

Why I Don't Feel Bad For Most Women Accusers

I know when I do this blog, I'm not going to win everybody over. Nobody does. My main focus has been video games, TV, film, and sports. It's not easy trying to get these done a few times a week. This might be the easiest to talk since these are honest thoughts for this. Time Magazine considered their Person of the Year to be The Silence Breakers, women who have gone on to say they were sexually harassed by men. I find it to be a crock of shit, and a bad black eye.

It goes back a few months ago to the Harvey Weinstein incident, which might be one of the very few things that I'll actually believe. It wouldn't surprise me if he did rape and harass women. And I've played the game L.A. Noire, where there's a case of a producer trying to kill and rape a 15 year old at the beginning of it. Then came the floodgates, which increased following the Me Too hashtag created by washed up star Alyssa Milano. Now a lot of women are saying they got sexually harassed. Even the people you wouldn't think is ridiculous such as Dustin Hoffman and Charlie Sheen, the latter accused of raping the late Corey Haim back around 1985/86.

I've had a hard time believing anything since hearing the story of Brian Banks, the football player who got exonerated a few years ago for a rape crime he didn't commit. Losing five years of his to jail because of some idiot woman cost him a chance at college football and even the NFL. The other story in my head is reporter Erin Andrews. I've never liked her. She is one of the most useless sideline people who fits the stereotype of dumb, blonde, and a body of a model. I think she's stupid, and I didn't buy into her sob story a couple years ago. Back in 2007 when she was at ESPN, a peeper supposedly filmed her naked (it was hard to know if it was Andrews due to how the video looked) Personally, I think she underestimated her popularity. Most people aren't going to watch her for her reporting. Someone with a body like hers, big breasts, wardrobe, and hair color is going to lead to some having stalkers.

Sidetrack aside, the media is going to give sympathy to a woman. They get more coverage and platforms to speak on while the man gets nothing. The idea of innocent until proven guilty is a joke. If an incident didn't happen, it doesn't matter. A guy's life is finished and he can't go back to the same everyday routine because of the false accusations. With the big name people, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth because there's actual harassment that goes on that doesn't wind up being heard on NBC or CBS or any network. I view it as women mostly wanting either 15 minutes of fame, or quick money because of it escalating since Weinstein. As I said, it's a bad black eye, and it makes actual harassment cases go unnoticed where something actually did happen and it wasn't a get rich quick scheme.

Until then, I'm just going to be a non-believer in most of these stories. I'm more inclined to believe the local papers than I would what is said in Hollywood. And a number of women need to be held accountable for their actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2