Thursday, June 1, 2017

Wanted: Griffin's Head

It amazes me that people are still pissed about last year's Presidential election. You can tell with all the Jon Stewart type idiots like the unfunny bitch Samantha Bee and unfunny loser Stephen Colbert. Despite my complaints on these two, they look like saints in comparison to what Kathy Griffin did. What she did has got to be one of the lowest things anyone famous could do, even if she isn't an A-list person. Even though I've tried to stray from politics, this is one that can't be ignored as far as entertainment goes.

A quick brief on Griffin, she is a comedian. In the 90s, she appeared as a guest star on sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Seinfeld, the latter where she is a pain in Jerry Seinfeld's ass. She has never really had fame and has tried for years to be successful, but nothing has panned out. Now these days, she hosts CNN's New Years with CNN host Anderson Cooper. Now I think she has no career now. Griffin had a photo shoot and did images with a severed bloodied head of President Donald Trump. It lead to a lot of backlash to the point where she issued an apology.

I'm not buying into her apology. It felt very rushed and almost like she had written it in five minutes. She has never been funny. Even with her few appearances on Seinfeld as Sally Weaver, she didn't make me laugh. I don't know what the last thing she has done outside of CNN, but this does seem like an attempt to be back in the limelight. Honestly, I don't know how many times Griffin has had 15 minutes of fame. She is nearing 60 years old in a few years. I think she knows she doesn't have much left to do in her career and will do anything to have her name mentioned.

Did Griffin break the law, though? That's what some news outlets wondered. Unless she deliberately said she wanted Trump dead, no. I don't see her going to jail. However, I do think there has to be serious consequences for this stuff. Sure, comedians like Bee and Colbert say stupid things to their idiot viewers, but so far, they haven't crossed the line... I hope. I would think CNN would fire her from anything she might be involved in, but I wouldn't bet on it.

In the end, I don't know. It feels like a comeback that backfired before it even started. There's a reason Griffin has never been an A-lister, and she continues to prove why. I get this is the case of every President getting made fun of, but this is very low. She should be ashamed and should rethink her priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geeks and Jocks: Bonus Episode 7

 Bonus episode https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/ryan-sullivan1gaj/episodes/Bonus-Episode-7-e27h1a2